Our customers and staff are very important to us so that’s why we’re taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously, your safety is our top priority. We are working alongside the Government and others in the industry to ensure we are following the latest advice to keep you safe on our buses.
Bus Service Updates
We understand that many of our regular passengers rely on the bus for work and not everyone can work from home. That’s why we will continue to run bus services throughout our network for as long as we can. We have seen a fall in demand for services which has led us to reduce the frequency in some of our services.
Please see operating timetables here.
Keeping our Passengers Safe
We want to reach out to our customers to explain what measures we are taking to keep our staff and customers safe whilst travelling on our buses. We’re doing everything we can to mitigate the risks associated with travel.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19).
- The government have advised that people who can work from home should continue to do so. Public transport should be avoided wherever possible freeing up limited space available to those who have no alternative way to travel.
- If you need to use our buses, please try to travel outside of the busiest times. Do get in touch with us if you would like help to plan your journey.
- We are encouraging social distancing on our buses where it is possible to observe this. There may be situations where you can’t keep a suitable distance from people, for example when boarding or alighting, on busier services, at busier times of day and when walking through interchanges. In these cases you should avoid physical contact, try to face away from other people, and keep the time you spend near others as short as possible. If you can, wear a face covering on public transport. Please take your belongings and any litter with you when you leave the bus.
- We have fitted screens around the driver’s cab to minimise risk to our drivers and passengers. We ask that bus windows are kept open as much as possible to encourage air circulation during your journey.
- Our drivers use hand sanitiser after handling cash and we encourage you to do the same. If possible, please avoid using cash. We have a SmartCard solution which operates as a cashless wallet which you can top up online. This will help minimise the amount of cash our drivers need to handle. SmartCards are available to buy for £1 from our drivers but give you a 10% discount on all standard fares.
If you must use cash, please try to use the exact change.
- If you’re travelling with members of your household, you may sit together on our buses.
- Our drivers are using antibacterial surface spray on high contact areas such as bell pushes, handrails and ticket machines throughout the day to keep the vehicle clean. At the end of the day we clean the vehicle thoroughly and use a fogging solution. This is a unique form of sanitising which eliminates germs, bacteria, spores and viruses that are airborne or present on upholstery or surfaces. This practice is not harmful to you
- At the moment please only travel if your journey is essential. As more advice on travel emerges we will make the required amendments to our policies and continue to keep our staff and passengers safe. We really hope this helps reassure you that if and when you do travel we are doing everything we can to reduce the risks.
We look forward to welcoming you back on board Pulhams services very soon.
Advice on essential travel:
- Before and after travelling, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available. Find information about how to wash your hands effectively on the NHS website.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough and sneeze.
- If you have a high temperature or a new, continuous cough, stay at home and do not travel.
- If you normally pay with cash, switch to using contactless payment with one of our smart cards.
For more information or to report any concerns, please contact us on 01451 820369 or email email@example.com.