Pulham & Sons (Coaches) Ltd, the executive coach travel and bus Company, is a fourth generation, family owned and operated business, formed in 1880. The business has been serving the Cotswolds community for over 139 years, providing fourteen crucial bus routes within Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire; school transport; school, college and university groups with educational tours; as well as corporate coach travel throughout the UK and Europe.
Pulham & Sons (Coaches) Ltd is one of the longest established Coach and Bus Operators in the UK, a mark of our ability and capability to adapt to changing customer and client needs over time
Based in Bourton-on-the-Water, we have a new purpose-built Head Office and depot that houses a large, modern fleet of stylish, comfortable and high-quality vehicles and boasts state-of-the-art maintenance and commercial vehicle testing facilities. In March 2019, four new Mercedes Tourismo and four Volvo Plaxton Panthers, were added to the fleet of 55 coaches, which represents a major investment by Pulhams Coaches and evidence of our commitment to safety, quality and comfort.
February 2013 saw a significant investment and commitment to the future of Pulhams Coaches with a move from our old depot at Station Road to new modern offices and premises at Bourton Business Park, Bourton-on-the-Water. Our state-of-the-art workshop, the latest maintenance facilities and a new commercial testing bay all serve to enhance our rigorous maintenance programme and commitment to safety.
As a family-run and owned company, each member of the team and each section of the business play a vital and valued part in maintaining and exceeding standards. Complacency is not an option, in fact we pride ourselves on being a progressive, modern company whilst retaining traditional values.
This is clearly demonstrated through our recent awards and accreditations:
- Recognition as Gloucestershire’s only member of the prestigious Guild of British Coach Operators, an association of elite coach operators dedicated to providing customers with a first class service of luxury coach charter.
- Following a rigorous audit in 2015, Pulham & Sons was awarded 100% CoachMarque accreditation, indicating the quality of our services, vehicle safety and continued commitment and passion to providing excellent customer care.
- Pulham Coaches has an outstanding VOSA record and can demonstrate robust preventative maintenance systems and a history of high quality repairs and servicing. In 2013 we invested in commercial vehicle testing equipment and operate a VOSA approved Authorised Testing Facility (ATF) four days per week. This facility is used frequently by our team of qualified mechanics who ensure in-house maintenance standards are consistently outstanding.
“I should like to congratulate your driver Mike on the way he dealt with the encounter with a fallen tree on the service 881 from Kemble to Tetbury today. As a result of his initiative the delay to passengers was kept to a minimum.”
- Winner of 2017 Medium Coach Operator, Route One Awards
- Winner Gold Award 2017 Top Uk Coach touring driver
- Winner of 2015 UK Coach Rally Mercedes Benz Trophy
- Winner of 2015 UK Coach Rally Top Touring Luxury Coach
- Winner of 2014 Engineer of the Year, awarded to Chris Adams, Workshop Director, Route One Awards
- Winner of 2012 Small Bus Operator, Route One Awards
- Winner of 2011 Medium Coach Operator, Route One Awards