Pulham & Sons (Coaches) Ltd, the executive coach travel and bus Company, is a fourth generation, family owned and operated business, formed in 1880. The business has been serving the Cotswolds community for 140 years, providing fourteen crucial bus routes within Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire; school transport; school, college and university groups with educational tours; as well as corporate coach travel throughout the UK and Europe.
Pulham & Sons (Coaches) Ltd is one of the longest established Coach and Bus Operators in the UK, a mark of our ability and capability to adapt to changing customer and client needs over time
Based in Bourton-on-the-Water, we have a new purpose-built Head Office and depot that houses a large, modern fleet of stylish, comfortable and high-quality vehicles and boasts state-of-the-art maintenance and commercial vehicle testing facilities. In March 2019, four new Mercedes Tourismo and four Volvo Plaxton Panthers, were added to the fleet of 55 coaches, which represents a major investment by Pulhams Coaches and evidence of our commitment to safety, quality and comfort.
February 2013 saw a significant investment and commitment to the future of Pulhams Coaches with a move from our old depot at Station Road to new modern offices and premises at Bourton Business Park, Bourton-on-the-Water. Our state-of-the-art workshop, the latest maintenance facilities and a new commercial testing bay all serve to enhance our rigorous maintenance programme and commitment to safety.
As a family-run and owned company, each member of the team and each section of the business play a vital and valued part in maintaining and exceeding standards. Complacency is not an option, in fact we pride ourselves on being a progressive, modern company whilst retaining traditional values.
This is clearly demonstrated through our recent awards and accreditations:
- Recognition as Gloucestershire’s only member of the prestigious Guild of British Coach Operators, an association of elite coach operators dedicated to providing customers with a first class service of luxury coach charter.
- Following a rigorous audit in 2015, Pulham & Sons was awarded 100% CoachMarque accreditation, indicating the quality of our services, vehicle safety and continued commitment and passion to providing excellent customer care.
- Pulham Coaches has an outstanding VOSA record and can demonstrate robust preventative maintenance systems and a history of high quality repairs and servicing. In 2013 we invested in commercial vehicle testing equipment and operate a VOSA approved Authorised Testing Facility (ATF) four days per week. This facility is used frequently by our team of qualified mechanics who ensure in-house maintenance standards are consistently outstanding.
“I should like to congratulate your driver Mike on the way he dealt with the encounter with a fallen tree on the service 881 from Kemble to Tetbury today. As a result of his initiative the delay to passengers was kept to a minimum.”
- Winner of 2017 Medium Coach Operator, Route One Awards
- Winner Gold Award 2017 Top Uk Coach touring driver
- Winner of 2015 UK Coach Rally Mercedes Benz Trophy
- Winner of 2015 UK Coach Rally Top Touring Luxury Coach
- Winner of 2014 Engineer of the Year, awarded to Chris Adams, Workshop Director, Route One Awards
- Winner of 2012 Small Bus Operator, Route One Awards
- Winner of 2011 Medium Coach Operator, Route One Awards